Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ES File Explorer

Version
Nougat

What is your opinion on ES File Explorer today? I used to have it as an "essential application" after I flash a new ROM to my device. Now the app feels.. scammy? they have integrated a lot of unnecessary stuff in it that it's appeal it used to have is now gone. Was it bought out by the a some company or the original developer simply gave up and nuked it?

Comments

• Well I have always had it on my phone but haven't really used it.

• edited July 8

I really suggest you change to a better alternative now, ES File Explorer is allegedly known to install adware alongside with the app. If you want a file explorer that does its job right, I suggest you get Solid File Explorer or Root Explorer if you have elevated access. These two apps don't install adware to your device and are better IMO.

• I stopped using ES file explorer when it got the update that changed everything. The user interface, the themes, everything was changed. I liked the classic ES File Explorer back then.

• edited July 9
    Yes, this is exactly what I did @VIolent_Gale ! One huge update later and the whole interface changed. It all just felt wrong and it looked like it's a crappy version of the real ES File Explorer. I even remember this one time when they added a speed boost thingy, like the what the hell? I wanted a simple file manager not an all in one Clean Master type app devs!